Followers

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Copy-Cat Maya Road Journal Spots

Hello Ladies! It's been a few days... But, I'm back, and I have a fun and easy tutorial for you guys. I'm going to show you guys how to make some homemade Maya Road journal spots. The best part about making these little guys is that you probably already have all of the stuff, if not, most of it.



Everything I already had except the Spellbinders Nestabilities. I bought them today @ Michaels with my 50% off coupon. This is my first set of Nestabilities. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but after thinking about it today I thought they'd make GREAT journall spots. So, I gathered some paper scraps (keeping the colors of my counterfeit kit in mind so that I can use these with it). I also pulled the ink from my add-on color kit.

Step 1 - run Nestability die through my cuttlebug.
Step 2 - cut a proportionate circle from kraft cardstock.
Step 3 - adhere circle to Nestability die.
Step 4 - Decorate kraft circle to whatever fit your project. I used some journal stamps on a few, other I drew my own lines on with a pen.

And here's what you end up with! =]



The Spellbinders Nestabilities dies that I bought today come with 6 different dies. They also emboss (which I did not do). If I would have embossed the scalopped circle I could have created a dimensional look with my journal piece (great idea! May have to try that tomorrow). These dies are so neat, and a lot easier to store than other large bulky die plates. I think I might have to go back with another 50% off coupon and get the squares!

Another alternative if you do not have any Nestabilities is to use your cricut. I know a few fonts have scalloped circle shadows, and of course plain circles.

My challenge for you is to create a journal spot using one, two, or any of your diecuts! The possiblities are endless when it comes to creating! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment